So, remember that pesto sauce we made a week or so ago? And remember how I said it is fantastic prepared as this pasta, as well as on other things such as pizza? Well. We’ve gone and made something real delicious by giving that pasta a pizza makeover. This is now one of my most favourite pizzas we have made here at home. It is so flavourful and unique…and pretty healthy as far as pizzas go! Put down the pepperoni and broaden your pizza horizons.
1-2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 to 1/2 bunch of kale, removed from stems and thinly sliced
1 ball of pizza dough, your favourite or mine
3-4 tablespoons roasted red pepper pesto (or however much you would like)
½ – ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
50 grams feta cheese, crumbled (or more…)
5-6 leaves of fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven at 500F with the rack at the lowest level. Heat your stone, if using, for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare your kale. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan. Add kale and sauté until kale is withered and bright green. The volume of kale will decrease significantly. Don’t worry. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Roll out your pizza dough. Brush the edges lightly with remaining olive oil. Thinly spread pesto sauce over dough and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizza in oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and bottom of dough is crisp.
- Remove from oven and top with cooked kale, feta cheese, and basil.
- Try not to burn roof of mouth.